Location: South West of England
PCL Fibre (Portsmouth Communications Ltd established in 1994) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of 5G Communications are a well-known supplier of B2B telecommunications, supplying leading edge technology throughout the UK, with a turnover in excess of £25m.
PCL Fibre provide turnkey solutions to Tier I & II Telecommunications companies installing fibre optical networks across the UK, predominately the South. Our expertise ranges from Grounds work to Installation of fibre to consumer premises.
We now have an exciting opportunity to join the team working mainly in the South West of England.
Reporting to the principle delivery Manager the successful Network Installation Engineer will be responsible for the successful installation of copper and fibre networks. The role will consist of the following:
- Site surveys.
- PON build.
- Installation of overhead and underground cable.
- Copper consolidation.
- CBT mounting
- Fibre splicing and splitter build.
- Quality checks.
- To provide accurate and prompt reporting.
- Liaise with and update other departments.
To be considered for our Network Installation Engineer position, we are looking for candidates who have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Possess a proven track record with an extensive knowledge – primarily for installation of copper lines but also have experience of fibre networks.
- NOPS card holder
- IPAF accreditation
- Able to work and meet tight deadlines.
- Have a flexible approach to the working day (due to the position being field based this can include days away from home).
- A high attention to detail.
- Previous proven engineering experience within a telecoms engineering environment.
Education & Qualifications:
- A-C grade GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths/Science and English.
- Also, the following; A8, A9, D1, H1, F2, F5, F7, F8, F9, F10, N3, N23, R1, R2, CSM, G39, PO5
- Based in the UK – preferably the South West of England
If you feel you have the skills for our Network Installation Engineer position, please apply now.