Technical Support Engineer
£18,000 to £25,000 per annum
5G Communications has developed and evolved, in the last 20 years to establish themselves as one of the largest growing telecommunication suppliers. 5G pride themselves on supplying leading edge technology, B2B throughout the UK and turnover in excess of £15 million. This is an excellent opportunity to join a family run business that pride themselves on Passion, Respect, Integrity, Diligence and Excellence.
The successful Technical Support Engineer will join an already strong team and play a key part in the 1st and 2nd line technical support to our customers.
5G, are offering more than just a job, if you have the right attitude, desire to learn and are passionate about your work there will be further opportunities with the company, who promote from within.
- Resolving faults, and providing temporary solutions.
- Take responsibility for the fault from first contact to resolution.
- Diagnose and understand customers’ faults with broadband, lines, email, wireless, VPN, routers and VOIP.
- Liaise with other departments with regard to customer issues/faults.
- Report new faults to suppliers.
- Chasing suppliers for updates and progression of faults.
- Contacting Openreach engineers regarding line faults and SFI engineers regarding Broadband Faults. This may also mean becoming involved with IT support on the customer’s end and their maintainers.
- Keep up to date and aware of the technical support issues, IT policies and best practice methods.
- Register/transfer domains and configure POP3 email accounts.
- Configure and troubleshoot POP3 / Exchange email clients, i.e. Outlook 2003/2010 Troubleshoot VOIP issues.
- You must be capable of resolving the following issues within 15 minutes:
- Register new email address for existing domain customers and update Billing;
- Basic email configuration and support (Incoming and Outgoing SMTP Setting) for Microsoft Outlook / Express;
- Router configuration and configuration checks to an intermediate level including, for example, port forwarding and specific LAN settings.
- IP Addressing (Reconfigure Router with new Routed IP’s);
- NAT and Port Forwarding /Open Ports;
- 1st Line IPPBX and PBX, Hosted PBX configurations, IP Number diverts and IP MAC’s (Moves, adds and changes).
Do you have the following skills to enable you to do the role?
- General basic knowledge on analogue and digital technology.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
- General technical Knowledge of networking.
- Basic knowledge of PBX and PDQ equipment.
- General knowledge of ISDN technologies.
- General technical knowledge of the internet e.g. ADSL
- General basic knowledge on TCP/IP.
- Basic technical knowledge of web platforms.
- Good knowledge of mail platform, IMAP, SMTP, POP3
- General knowledge of DNS.
- Exposure to mail clients.
If you can do the above and you have previous experience, preferably in telecoms, then we would love to hear from you.
For more information please don’t hesitate to apply for the role today