The benefits of our cloud phone systems for remote workers
As the lock down continues in the UK questions are asked about what will happen to the way businesses work when they get back to some resemblance of normality. This lock down has transformed the way businesses will communicate after the lock down is lifted. Businesses are managing to run successfully whilst employees work remotely, so why go back? We believe that post lockdown more employees will request more flexibility to work remotely. Businesses will therefore need to prepare their communication systems to support employees who want to work from home, in the office or even in the coffee shop down the road or anywhere with a suitable broadband connection.
Cloud phone systems can keep your business running effectively whilst employees work remotely. We’ll take a look at the remote working solutions that are built into our cloud phone system and show you the benefits it can provide to your business.
What is a cloud phone system?
Also known as Internet-based phone system, Internet telephony, or VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol), a cloud-based phone service is a phone system that runs through the Internet instead of on traditional phone lines.
What remote working solutions does cloud phone systems offer?
Cloud telephony offers a wide range of remote working solutions that you cannot get through traditional phone lines.
Features below that allow employees to communicate and collaborate effectively wherever they are:
- Unified communications: A unified communications solution consolidates your business phone system, voicemail, instant message or chat, video conferencing and faxing, and can also integrate with email, web apps, social media, and tools like a CRM.
- Video conferencing: As remote work becomes more commonplace, businesses need reliable and easy-to-access video conferencing solutions.
- Plug and Play handsets: Plug and play handsets are perfect for office and home workers. Our handsets can be plugged in and used anywhere without losing business features like hunt groups or call queues.
- Soft phone mobile Apps: Our Soft Phone Mobile App acts like your desk phone in your pocket. It operates using an internet connection meaning you can work virtually anywhere. The app allows you to work professionally by hosting conference calls, sync business contacts, create chat groups and more.
- Cloud communication: Cloud communication is the complete bundle of communication services. It includes telephony, instant messaging, video conferencing and any other form of communication that is included in the bundle.
- Call Forwarding: Call forwarding takes calls to one number and redirects them to another line. Cloud-based call forwarding essentially works just like traditional call forwarding. The service allows users to consolidate calls to a single line, even when it is necessary or important to direct calls through specific phone numbers.
- Auto attendant: An auto attendant is the automated voice menu that you often use in business calls. Automated directories direct calls and reduce the communication workload of persons in the business. Once the calls are properly directed, individuals can take calls or further automation services can resolve issues (e.g., voicemail).
What other business benefits does a cloud phone system provide?
With our cloud phone system solution your employees can work professionally from the office, at home or on the go. It also provides many business benefits, let’s take a look at a few of them below.
- Easy Call Management and Monitoring with iCall – Our phone system is set up so you can have a centralised tool that allows you to monitor users on the phone platform. The tool allows you to view users’ active calls, view past calls, silent listen into active calls, record calls and more. The tool also allows you to make simple changes too.
- Flexibility – A cloud phone system allows for increased flexibility. In a smaller business the role of a staff member may vary daily, this may mean that their working location changes too. Some days they may need to be office based and the next day they may need to travel or work remotely. A hosted solution allows you to work professionally wherever you may be. VoIP allows you to link employee home numbers with office numbers and even mobile phones without compromising on features.
- Cost Savings – Put simply, our phone solution is cost effective and can save your business money regardless on the size. This is because the installation and maintenance costs can be kept minimal. A hosted solution also means that you avoid paying costly traditional phone line bills. This is because you place calls over competitively priced internet connectivity instead.
- Quick Installation time and maintenance – Setting up traditional fixed communications demands a lot of time and often comes with high installation costs. They can also come with pricey adjustments and maintenance costs. Our solution however has much lower maintenance costs and installation time. Adding users or adding features can be as simple as pressing a few buttons. Installing this technology couldn’t be simpler or faster.
With many remote working solutions available, we suggest that you contact us for more information or advice. We’d love to hear from you. You can call us on 01494 523 523 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.